I’ve received a few award nominations which makes me happy to think people enjoy reading about my fitness journey, so I figured, “Hey, I’ll pass on the baton and do the Sunshine award post to nominate some of my favourites too”. So here we go, it’s simple; answer these questions below and then list your favourite bloggers then let them know you like their blog so much you’ve nominated them.
1) Favorite Color – bluey-green, the type where you could probably argue all day as to whether it is more blue than green or green than blue.
2) Favorite Animal – That would be horses, hands down. My horse in particular, she’s an absolute stunner.
3) Favorite number – I’ve always liked the number 7, but have no idea why.
4) Favorite Non-alcoholic drink – I’m not a big drinker, I can count on my hand the times I’ve had a drink in the past 18 months! I love water, rooibos tea, green tea and a good coffee (with almond or soya milk, of course).
5) Facebook or Twitter – I detest both, but require them for work. If I didn’t, I definitely wouldn’t have twitter and would only use Facebook to contact international friends.
6) My Passion – Horses since I was 3 years old and saltwater aquarium keeping.
7) Prefer getting or giving presents – giving, I enjoy finding the perfect presents for my nearest and dearest.
8) Favorite pattern – I seem to be very keen on the tribal print all over women’s clothes at the moment, other than that, this would be my favourite pattern (couple it with my favourite colour and we have my favourite dress too!)
9) Favorite Day of the Week – Friday
10) Favorite Flower – Hyacinths or violets.
And now for my nominations, it’s very hard to pick them seeing as I follow so many awesome blogs. I’ll list those who consistently post things I enjoy reading, who I interact with regularly and are very supportive of me in my own fitness journey:
Roundtoravishing - JoAnn was the one who nominated me for the award so it’s probably cheating that I’ve listed her, but I don’t care. I love her blog about her fitness journey and strongly encourage you to check it out. My only quibble with her blog is that it doesn’t have enough pictures of her cute dog! :D
Loseitbig - another person who has nominated me, so this’ll be cheating too, but oh well! He’s made absolutely huge changes in his fitness and body as a result and it’s very inspiring. He’s reached his goal weight now but will be keeping up his fitness as he is hooked, line and sinker.
Fitfor365 - John has been another person to keep a blog of his progress from starting his fitness journey. When he started, he couldn’t run very far and now he’s just completed his first 10km charity run which is very awesome and a source of inspiration for me as a fellow runner. If you’re a runner or want to get into running, be sure to check out his blog.
Enterfitness - A lovely lady posting about tasty food and is honest about the ups and downs of getting fit.
Peripatetic13 - Emily’s a sweetheart who posts about her running adventures and fitness in general in an easy to read, well-written format.
Storybookapothecary - Tianna’s blog is one of the few blogs that isn’t fitness-only that I follow and it is easy to see why. She definitely knows her stuff about health and beauty, so much so she makes her own stuff! She throws fitness posts into the mixture but is mainly about beauty, product reviews and other girly stuff. Definitely one for the ladies to follow, perhaps not for the guys unless they are in touch with their feminine side.
Agirlcalledemily - Emily writes about her fitness and her travels. She’s pretty much always on the road and abroad so she has lots of interesting things to post about. I love reading about her travels, even if I am the teeniest bit envious, haha.
Myrecoverydiary - Erika is one of the nicest girls you could hope to meet on WordPress. She’s recovering from bulimia and her blog details her progress in an refreshingly honest and genuine way. Go visit her and give her support, you can never have too many people giving you a hand when you need it along the way.
Healthyfrenchie - Héléne posts great stuff about food, fitness and her life as a Frenchie living in Canada. Want to read about spotting bears out on runs and other equally awesome stuff? Check out her blog.
I’ve probably missed some out, but those are the ones that popped into my mind.